Monday, April 12, 2010

4/12/2010
I contacted Officer Nelson from USCIS in Atlanta back in August 2009 requesting to file a one time free switch for him to keep our I-600A and cable it to Guangzhou, China? He responded back to me stating he needed a written signed request (original signatures from both of us), a copy of our last I-797, an updated home study reflecting the change in country, and a copy of our previous home study. I sent him everything, except for the updated home study immediately. The updated home study took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but it finally was complete and sent to DHR. DHR released our home study almost 6 weeks ago (March 3rd) to USCIS. We are still waiting for our "approval notice", which we have already been approved on November 12, 2008. It just needs to be cabled to a different embassy. This process normally will take up to 3 months. However, that is for the full approval notice, which we already have. My fear is that Mr. Nelson may no longer be there as I have sent him 2 e-mails in the past 5 weeks with no response back. He has always gotten back to me within 24 hours or that our paperwork is sitting on someone’s desk collecting dust? Our adoption agency suggested us contacting a Senator or Congressman to call Immigration in Atlanta asking for a status and to have our Approval Notice (I-797) to be completed and mailed to us immediately then we would be able to move forward in our adoption process.

So I am trying to find a Senator or Congressman to help us out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations