Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/21/10
So today I received this letter in the mail from USCIS. I read it and wasn't sure what it all meant. I called our agency and she explained to me that it was our "receipt letter". She told me that I will probably get another official looking letter next week that looks like our approval letter, but it will state that we have been cabled to Guanzhou. She also informed me that they could be receiving our LOA within the next 2-4 weeks! Once they receive that, they will overnight it for my DH and I to sign and overnight back. Then it goes back to CCAA and we wait for our TA, which will take about another 4-5 weeks. Once we get our TA, we have a 90 day window of where we need to travel to bring sweet Kangming home! She felt that we would be traveling sometime after Halloween, but before Thanksgiving! We will save about 4 weeks since we are on the I-600 and not the I-800, yippee skippee!

We are still searching for a name for Kangming! Some refer to her as Jaida, which is fine. I'm just not completely sure that will be her name. I want her name to be perfect for her and finding it isn't always an easy task.

I was reading over her file and it appears she is on the shy side. According to her foster family, she is shy with strangers and quiet. She also is somewhat of a picky eater, which means she will fit right in with our family! She gets up around 6:30-7:00 every morning, just like Jager. She still takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and goes to bed at 10:30 at night! That will definitely be changing to no nap and a bedtime of 8:30, tee hee! Jager and her are only 20 months apart so they should eventually be on the same schedule, which will be nice!

I'm going to get Kalista and Jager's passports soon. I'm hoping to be able to bring at least Kalista and maybe both children to China. I think it would be a one in a lifetime experience for Kalista!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations