I can’t even begin to explain the roller coaster that we have been on for the past 2 days! We almost had to stay in China for another week because of issues with Isla’s Visa. Thanks to Zhou, Chris, Karla, Mindy, Alicia, family, friends, faith and prayers the US Embassy cleared us and we are flying out of Hong Kong in 20 hours! We all screamed when we got the news! This has been a wonderful journey, but we are ready to be home as a family.
We will celebrate tonight with our very last dinner at Lucy’s, followed by coming back to our hotel room, showering and packing for our 6 AM departure to Hong Kong Airport. Kalista already has a list of food items that she wants from hot dogs to spaghettios! Isla is just happy! My mom is also ready! She finally has her voice back after 3 days of laryngitis. Me, I just want to kiss Jager and Thomas then have a steak dinner with a nice bottle of red wine by the fire while watching the kids play and jump all over us!
I wish that I could say that everything will be complete upon our return to the US, but it will continue as Thomas and I will need to re-adopt Isla in our state then get her US Citizenship. At least she will be with us and I hoping that I can just hand all the paperwork over to an attorney and he or she will handle it all. I am so over paperwork after three years that I am ready for someone else to take over and tell me where to sign ;). It has been worth all the paperwork, sleepless night and many tears of happiness and frustration that we have had. We are so lucky to have her in our lives!



0 comments:
Post a Comment