
7/1/09
Hello all! I added my aunt Peppy and aunt Sally to the mix of daily updates :). Another great day in Kaz or should I say "Christmas in July"? Layla was decked out in her pink Santa clothes today! I have no complaints though, as the boys in our group are decked out in pink everyday! One came in with an outfit that Layla had on a couple of weeks ago, ballet slipper socks and all! I have heard that this is pretty common. The thing I don't understand is there are more boys in the system than girls so you would think they would have more boys clothes? At any rate, Layla is in desperate need of her fingernails being cut! We asked our interpreter to say something to her caretaker today so hopefully, they will be cut tomorrow. She is scratching her face and ours! We went to the airport today and purchased our plane tickets home! We fly out of Semey on Friday, July 10, arriving in Rochester, Saturday, July 11th at 6:40 pm eastern time. We will be spending the night in Frankfurt on July 10th. We flew out on June 10 and are flying back on July 10! Hopefully we will be back on August 10 so Layla will be home for her first birthday on August 16th. Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but we could have actually changed her birthday! I thought about doing that briefly, only for school purposes only and decided to leave it alone. I just thought that was interesting. She is crawling much better and is able to pull herself up to a standing position on her own. She was not doing that when we arrived and seemed pretty green with her crawling. I have been communicating with a mom in Montgomery that adopted a little boy from Kaz three years ago. She said when they met him at 16 months, he could not crawl or sit and was very malnourished. So we feel pretty lucky that Layla is where she is at. We are certain once she gets in our home enviroment with Kalista and Jager, she will really progress! Keeping in mind the only language that she has been around up until us has been Russian. I am going to sign off for now. Until tomorrow.
This picture is a picture of the ladies restroom at the Semey Airport. Needless to say, I did not use it!
Love,
Thomas and Amy



0 comments:
Post a Comment