Saturday, July 4, 2009



July 4, 2009
Happy 4th of July! The caretakers even dressed Layla in somewhat festive clothing. She could pass as a boy in some of the pics, but we appreciate the red, white and blue! Another great day on the home front of Layla world! I included a group picture of the other families that are with us from a different adoption agency. It has been really nice getting to know each one of them. All the kids are about the same age, Ella is the youngest at 8 months and I actually think Layla may be the oldest at 10 1/2 months. We got her a couple of new outfits today at the bazaar. You will see her modeling them in a couple of pictures. Still battling the rash on the face. She turned her head a few times today when I called her "Layla". We are going to our friends "compound" to celebrate the 4th. I'm simmering some bake beans on the stove as we speak to bring over to our "BBQ". I know they will be nothing like at home, but at least they will taste somewhat "American". I added some ketchup and sugar to spruce them up some! Hope it works! Well, I see my mom just signed on, so I am going to skype her before she skypes me! Have a great holiday!

The first picture is of the other families from the US that were adopting through a different adoption agency. We all arrived within days of eachother and we all spent our time in the same room day in and day out with our babies. This pictures was taken where they were all staying together during our 4th of July dinner. The second picture is of Layla all decked out in her 4th of July outfit by the caretaker :)

Love,
Thomas and Amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations