6/23/10, 9:40 AM (Central Time)
It's official, Kangming Gong, will be joining our family! We received great news back from our International Doctor this morning! Her special need is growth development delay which is not uncommon in the orphanage world. She was in an orphanage from 1 day old until 15 months old. She has been with a foster family for the past year. We are optimistic that once we get her home, she will flourish with our love and more food than she will ever know what to do with! We have 3 pictures of her and she is precious! Big eyes and full lips! Can't wait until I can post them on my blog! Our adoption agency will do the formal online approval (LOI)tonight and then we should be receiving the official letter (PA)from CCAA in about 1 week. Alot of behind the scenes official stuff will be happening these next few months. We should receive our LOA in 2-3 months with travel to follow. If I am doing my math correctly, we could be traveling to China to get her as soon as October! For now, we celebrate, figure out what her name will be and thank God daily for his true blessings in life!
I wanted to share a quick story with you, my dh says that it is a little far fetched, but believe what you want. I truly know that God spoke to me about Kangming.
When we were traveling back from Florida a couple weeks ago, I had fallen asleep in the car. I suddenly woke up with the name "Min" going through my mind. It wasn't just going through my mind, it was almost like someone was shouting it to me! Min, Min, Min, over and over! I remember commenting to my dh, saying that was the strangest thing that just happened to me! I told him about it, he just chuckled. I had even said that I wondered if it had something to do with our adoption, something that I was suppose to be aware of.
It took me a few minutes, but after our agency told me her name, the dream all of the sudden made sense to me. KangMINg was the daughter we have been waiting for, the one that God has sent to join our family. We can't wait until our "gotcha" day, another day filled with blessings!



1 comments:
This is great news!!!I have been following your blog and am so happy for ya'all!
Heading to Mich. tomorrow..over to Lisa's Fri.. will be thinking of you in next few months! Congrats!
Post a Comment