10/15/10
Happy Anniversary to my dh of 11 years today! With so much going on, I almost forgot! I finished up some more "government" paperwork last night, I-864, I864A and I-600. Thomas is signing and getting notarized today. We had to do these forms because Thomas is not going to China, along with a Power of Attorney.
We still are waiting for our passports with our Visa's! Talk about cutting it close! I phoned Metropolitan Express in Chicago earlier this week and due to Columbus day, it added another day onto the process. They hopefully will be mailed out Monday with Tuesday delivery. I guess I should have paid more and done the express process for peace of mind.
I'm getting some much needed information from Chris about Isla. First of all, she is probably back at the orphanage. As soon as they get word that the parents are coming, they typically will remove the child from the foster home back into the orphanage. It breaks my heart, but we are almost there to give her loves! Also, Chris advised me to bring some pull ups and even a bottle. Not all the time, but some of the time the kids regress back into the baby stage for a period of time. She also informed me that Isla will probably take to Kalista first, which makes sense.
Five more days until we are on the plane, WHOOOOO HOOOOOO! Definitely in count down mode now! Isla's room is almost empty! We are going to do some "changing" around with the bedroom furniture this week-end. We ordered Jager's bunk beds and dresser so we are going to move his furniture into Isla's room, which was originally Kalista's. I figured it would be easier doing it this way just in case Jager's furniture arrives while we are in China. Plus Isla will then have a finished room to come home to. Jager can sleep in her room for the meantime.
Lots going on, but loving every minute of it! God is good!



0 comments:
Post a Comment