10/27/10 at 6:30 am (China Time)
I am just amazed by this entire experience. I wish I had time to write everything down to share. Isla continues to do great and can she eat! She has eaten scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, chicken nuggets, french fries, cookies, cake, spaghetti, rice and pizza! That was just yesterday’s menu. She stores her food in her cheeks, like a chipmunk. That tells us that she was just getting enough food to get by and that she was probably never really satisfied. She has lived on congee and formula for the past 30 months! She is so tiny and petite. We brought 18-24 month clothes for her, the tops and dresses are fine, but the under ware and pants fall right off her. She has the cutest personality and just giggles all the time. She has not cried yet, she truly is a joy to be around.
The orphanage director gave us a photo album filled with pictures of her when she was younger. We received all the care package items back, with two camera’s that are filled with pictures. I can’t wait to get them developed. The one camera I am really interested in because I never sent it. Not sure if the foster family sent that to me for a reason or if it got mixed up with another family?
We have met some amazing families! I wish I had the time to go into detail over each one.
We are having a terrific time, but are ready to get home to Thomas and Jager! We miss them dearly, but they are doing well! We are able to “Skype” with them daily, which helps with the homesickness.
I have pictures to post, but just haven’t had the time. I will try to get some posted soon. Thomas continues to copy and paste my postings to my blog as I’m unable to get to it in China. Not sure how he will do with the pictures, LOL!



0 comments:
Post a Comment