Good morning! We are now in Nanning and it is beautiful! I finally slept last night and feel great! Kalista has slept well for the past two nights, but my mom is still having problems. This 12 hour time change takes some time to get used to.
David, our temporary guide, picked us up at the airport with a driver and drove us to the Mingyuan Xindu Hotel. Nanning is truly stunning with its green lush scenery, mountains and blue skies. It is located in Southern China, so it is hot. I feel like we are back in AlabamaJ. We have a KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and even a Super Center Wal-Mart close to our hotel. David was so kind to call in McDonalds last night, which delivered right to our hotel room. I feel like we are being a little spoiled. Our hotel room overlooks the hotel’s outdoor pool, where Kalista and Isla can swim. The only problem is that I didn’t pack any bathing suits, I never in my wildest dreams pictured that we would be at a place like this. We may be on a swimsuit hunt soon.
We are meeting David and another family from the US at 10:30 this morning to walk to a local market. Belinda, our main guide, will pick us up around 3:00 this afternoon. We are about 15 minutes from the center where the families pick up the children. I found out that Isla is about 4 hours from where we are. The orphanage director and Isla’s main caregiver are driving Isla into Nanning as we speak. They will be in Nanning mid morning, eat lunch and put Isla down for her nap. That is the reason why we won’t get her until later this afternoon. She should be in our arms in about 9 hours! My fears are gone and all excitement has now set in! This is all just amazing!



0 comments:
Post a Comment