Thursday, March 24, 2011

3/24/11
Isla had her 3 year old doctor's visit and she weighed in at exactly 22 pounds! Her iron levels were much better, but we still need to supplement with the drops twice a day. All in all, her 3 year old check up went great with no concerns.

Meghan, the speech therapist, from EI had her last visit with Isla today. I also had my team meeting evaluation at P.A.W.S this morning. The determination from the team is that Isla does not have a disability and that she is not eligible for Special Education Services. However, the speech-language pathologist at P.A.W.S will continue to follow Isla's language development by meeting with her every 3 months. I had to chuckle because at the end of the meeting, the director looked at me and told me that they would love to have Isla attend there program as a "typical" child. I would consider it, but it is only 3 days for 2 1/2 hours each day.

We have a big week-end coming up! Nana and papa Rochester and cousin Emily are coming to help celebrate Isla's 3rd birthday. I will make sure to take pictures and post.

I almost forgot, we met up with all, but one family this past Wednesday night with the people we met in Kazakhstan. It was so nice to see them all! Beth and Ella live about 20 minutes from us and are coming over on Saturday for Isla's birthday. Jager and Ella hit it off, Ella is 2 1/2 years old. I couldn't help but think of Layla, but we are finally at peace with it all. This picture was taken at Beth's moms house who also traveled to Kaz. Everyone in the picture was in Kaz, except Isla, who was waiting for us in China ;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations