8/25/10
I spoke with our agency on Monday and I told her that the next time that I talk to her it will be her calling me to let me know that our LOA is here! So I will just wait for that phone call.
Meanwhile, I brought a very cute backpack that I received from Mimi and her daughter Caroline and a precious pink elephant pillow from Ximena in to get monogrammed last week. I picked them up yesterday and they both turned out awesome! Jager can't keep his hands off the elephant pillow and the kids also love Pearl the sock pig from Michelle.
I have Kalista and Jager's passport form filled out with birth certificates and passport pictures done. So we are ready to all make the trip to the post office to turn everything in. The problem is that the passport hours are Mon-Friday 8-noon and 1-4. Both parents need to be there with the children and my dh has started his new job so he is not here during those hours. However, we might be able to pull it off on Friday. This will just be one more thing that I can check off my list.
It has been over 6 weeks that I sent Isla her care package. I'm assuming that she has received it by now. I want to send another off to her soon, but I want to wait until we receive our LOA and send it to her and her foster family for a mini celebration. I think I will contact one of the several "care package" services located in China. The big thing seems to be sending a cake, a party dress and some small items that are all ordered through this service agency. Typically it will include a letter that the service will translate and I have seen many families get additional photos sent to them of this occasion. Alot of families will do this on the child's birthday, but we are lucky enough that Isla will be with us on her next birthday in March.



0 comments:
Post a Comment